focus on title and press Enter to open content section.
For all the pet owners to be, there are plenty of dogs and cats available for adoption at the animal shelters throughout New Taipei City. Here is the information
- 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00, Tuesday through Sunday: Banqiao Animal Shelter, 8966-2158, No. 28-1, Bancheng Road, Banqiao District, New Taipei City; Zhonghe Shelter, 8668-5547, No. 100, Section 3, Xingnan Road, Zhonghe District, New Taipei City; Wugu Shelter, 8292-5265, No. 9-9, Wailiao Road, Wugu District, New Taipei City.
- 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00, Tuesday through Saturday: Xindian Shelter, 2215-9462, No. 235, Antai Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City.
- 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00, Monday through Friday: Tamsui Shelter, 2626-7558, No. 91-3, Xiaguirou Mountain, Tamsui District, New Taipei City; Ruifang Shelter, 2406-3481, Bafenliao Road, Jieyu Village, Ruifang District, New Taipei City; Bali Shelter, 2619-4428, No. 36, Changkengdao Road, Neighborhood 6, Changkeng Village, Bali District, New Taipei City; Sanzhi Shelter, 2636-5436, next to Qingshan Road, Yuanshan Village, Sanzhi District, New Taipei City.
If your dog/cat is missing, check the Office's website to see if it has been taken to a shelter. The information of animals brought in or captured will be posted online at the Office's website at the end of each day. Or, you may call the local shelters.
Pet owners are advised to take their pets to a vet clinic for animal rabies vaccination every year. Those who fail to do so is punishable by a monetary fine ranging from NT$30,000 to NT$150,000 according to the Statute for Prevention and Control of Infectious Animal Disease. Pet owners may take their pet to any vet clinic, the Animal Protection and Health Inspection Office or any of the city shelters for rabies vaccination.
The Animal Protection Act specifies that dog owners shall have a microchip implanted in their dogs. Those who fail to do so after a warning are punishable by a monetary fine ranging from NT$3,000 to NT$15,000 according to the same act. Owners may take their dogs to a pet registration station (usually a vet clinic) for the implant by presenting a valid ID, and the charge is NT$ 250 at all the vet clinics contracted with the City Government.
Please prepare evidence for the reporting, such as surveillance footage, the current status of the animal, photos and information on the suspected abuser.
- Literature from around the world reports that bird flu is mostly found in domestic fowls or carried by migrating birds. The virus receptors in pigeons are different from those in the birds mentioned above. Therefore, pigeons are not concerned about the bird flu virus.
- Making contact with and feeding birds at a public space has become the major reason that wild pigeons and doves gather. Citizens are recommended against feeding wild birds as it causes these birds to lose their survivability in the wild as well as compromises environmental conservation. Also, a large gathering of pigeons and doves sometimes leads to public health issues.
- The Sports Office and city park management have been informed of intensified guidance. Repeated warnings will lead to punishment as appropriate. There is a simple way to keep them away. Just dilute one part of bleach with 10 parts of water and spray the solution around your house. This should keep the pigeons and doves away.
- When animals in an animal farm or aquafarm are found sick, a veterinarian specialized in these animals shall be hired for treatment. Or, specimens of sick animals may be given to the Office for pathologic and bacteriologic tests to determine what the cause is.
- If massive death occurs or it is suspected to be a major disease such as bird flu or foot and mouth disease, please report to the Office immediately according to the Statute for Prevention and Control of Infectious Animal Disease.
When an owner can no longer keep a pig as pet due to health, economic issue or lack of space, a request may be made at the Office or any of the city shelters with photos and the information of the pet pig. Our staff will post a message online at the Happy Pet Adoption Hub for public viewing. Adoption will be arranged if someone is willing to take over; if not, the pig will be available for adoption by pig farmers in New Taipei City.